The SDS Section allows you to add Safety Data Sheet (SDS) documents directly to a Raw Material and Consumables. You can also view and edit any previously uploaded files.
Adding a SDS
- Click on the "Inventory" Module in the top header.
- Click on the Name to see the inventory item Details Page that you are interested in: Raw Material or Consumable.
Raw Materials Consumables
The SDS Section is not applicable for Equipment.
- Click on "SDS" to navigate to the SDS section. Then, click on "Add SDS".
- Fill in the required fields in the form.
Upload SDS By clicking on this field, you can upload a file directly from your computer Revision Date This represents the last date that the SDS was updated or revised. You can generate a report to view all SDS's with outdated revision dates. If you are not able to find the revision date, use the issue date. UN Number The UN number is a 4-digit number used to classify the shipping hazards of the raw material. Albert also uses this number for Storage Compatibility. Immediately after selecting the UN number, the associated Storage Class Number and Description will be shown. The UN number can be found in Section 14 of a SDS.
- Click the "Create" button.
Viewing / Downloading the SDS File
- Either click on the SDS file name, or the menu button and select "Download SDS" in the dropdown.
- A popup will appear when the file has been downloaded successfully.
Editing or SDS file information
- Click on the menu button and select "Edit SDS" in the dropdown.
- Now you can edit the SDS file information such as uploading another SDS file, or changing the revision date and UN number.
- Click "Save" to confirm your changes.
Note: You can also edit the extracted pictograms. Learn more here.
Deleting the SDS
- Click on the menu button and select "Edit SDS" in the dropdown. In the side popup, select "Delete".
- Confirm by clicking on "Delete".
Note: You might be interested in Inventory – SDS Section: Add / Remove Pictograms Extracted from SDS and Supported File Types and Maximum Document Sizes .
Article is closed for comments.