Albert allows you to identify and manage all chemical substances. Generally, these chemical substances are identified by CAS Numbers. You can find the CAS numbers in Section 3 of the raw material SDS file.
Adding a new CAS to an Inventory Item
- Click on the "Inventory" Module in the top header.
- Click on the Name to see the inventory item Details Page that you are interested in: Raw Material or Consumable.
Raw Materials Consumables
- Click on "Composition". Here you will see a list of CAS associated to this raw material.
- Click on "Add CAS Number" and this will add a row to the grid:
Note: If you are unable to see "Add CAS Number", it means the inventory item is locked. Please contact support if you would like to modify the composition.
- Click on "Select CAS Name" and input the CAS number you are interested in. Click on the number to select the CAS number from an existing record.
Creating a CAS number that does not exist in AlbertIf the CAS number does not exist in Albert, you can add it by indicating the number and clicking on "Add New: <number>"
You will see a pop-up asking if the CAS is a real CAS Number or an Unknown (Trade Secret). Confirm the creation of the new CAS number by clicking on "Add"
- After selecting the CAS number, Albert will show the chemical structure. Hover on it to see a larger image.
- Set the minimum and maximum percentage.
- Click on the "Save" button once you are done.
Adding multiple CAS numbers
You can add multiple CAS number to a raw material repeating steps 4 to 5. Each CAS must have a name, minimum, and maximum percentage.
Deleting a CAS number
- Click on the trash icon.
- Click on "Delete".
- Click on the "Save" to confirm your changes.
Viewing CAS details
- Click on the CAS number.
- You will see a pop-up with all the information of the CAS number.
- Click "Save" or "Cancel" in the bottom right.
Note: You might be also interested in Raw Material - Overview or the View and Manage CAS List.
Article is closed for comments.