Albert’s SDS Generation module supports automated creation of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) from underlying chemical regulatory, regional, physical, and other product safety requirements. SDS' created in Albert are based on compositions from the Formula's module. Within the Formula's module are chemical recipes with Raw Material and Consumable inventory items which have CAS# compositions when set up properly. SDS composition information aggregates down to CAS# level. Documents are generated in less than 30 seconds and provide a wealth of information to the chemist, EHS personnel, as well as the potential customer!
For more information on Raw Material and Consumable Inventory items - please navigate to the Inventory Help Desk Articles.
Please consider involving a regulatory expert in the following cases:
- buy/no-buy decision of the customer is based on regulatory assessment of the SDS
- critical customers, could negatively perceive that this is not the final SDS
How to Generate a SDS from a Formula
1. Login to Albert and navigate to your project.
2. Once in the project, navigate to the formulation section.
*** Alternatively, can generate SDS from Inventory module and Formulas**
3. Identify the formula you want to generate SDS for.
4. Once in the one formula, click on the 3 dots and select "Auto-Generate SDS".
From Formulas Inventory Module:
5. A pop-up window will appear for SDS Generation. Fill in the fields from SDS pop-up side bar. For additional guidance or support for this section, please work with your internal regulatory team. All fields with an asterisk* are required for SDS generation.
|Albert ID*||Only one Albert ID at a time|
|Product Name*||Free text: trade name|
|Product Type*||Dropdown list|
|Flash Point*||Dropdown list|
|Boiling Point||Dropdown list only if Flash point: < 23°C (73.4°F)|
|Viscosity at 40C*||Dropdown list|
|Viscosity Unit*||Dropdown list|
|Specific Gravity*||Value (no ranges)|
|pH Range*||Dropdown list|
|Heat of Reaction*||Dropdown list|
|Physical State*||Only liquids|
|Color||Free text: appearance|
|Odor||Free text: smell|
6. Click on "Generate SDS". This button will only become available once all the required fields have been completed.
7. Albert will display a message indicating that the SDS is being generated and is available in local machines downloads.
Warnings and Other Important Notes
- Make sure that the Raw Materials and Consumables used in the formula have Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) numbers associated to it. Albert will warn you if CAS#s are missing in any of the components used in your formula. If you wish to generate the SDS nonetheless, click on the check box to confirm. (Green box in screenshot below) This means that you take the liability to confirm that this information is correct.
Please verify that the names of each chemical in section 3 are correct and describe the information that is listed for each substance associated to it on generated SDS.
- If material is classified as Fatally Toxic, has a Heat of Reaction >300J/g or Class 5.2 (Organic Peroxide) Albert will output "Unavailable" for section 14 Dangerous Good Classification. Internal Regulatory Team is needed for those type of assessments.
For any further questions or concerns please submit a help desk ticket by e-mailing: Support@albertinvent.com