Reaction Material: When the starting components do not equal the final chemical composition. Examples: Polymers, Salts, Acid – Base Neutralization, Evaporations, Etc.
Requirements in Albert for reaction formulas:
- Scientists must know what chemicals react and the CAS# the reaction will form.
- Scientists must know the conversion yield of reaction.
Reaction Material Formula Process:
- Generate a pre-reaction formula within your project.
- This formula can contain monomers, solvent, polyols, etc.
- Create an additional formula to represent the post reaction formula and adjust the formula to represent the post reaction materials along with the additives.
- A new inventory item may* need to be created to represent the post reaction material (polymer, salt, etc.)
- For any known residual, it is possible to have remaining monomer, reactive material in your post reaction.
- Name or tags could* be used to help identify pre and post reaction formulas.
Example in Albert: Polyol + Diisocyanate = Polyurethane
- MO3347-005 is the Pre-reaction formula.
- MO3347-006 is the Post-reaction formula.
Formula Grid View:
- Batch tasks are created with the Pre-Reaction Formula.
- SDS and Hazard Assessment is done from the Post-Reaction Formula.
- If unsure of reaction CAS#, collaborate with internal Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Team for guidance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.